If you’re looking for a new crypto wallet on either Android or iOS, you should check out UNSTOPPABLE.
It is one of the best non-custodial crypto wallets out there; we’d argue that it is the first wallet that’s truly designed for non-blockchain users.
But why are non-custodial wallets important? And what else makes UNSTOPPABLE stand out as a clear winner?
Why Is UNSTOPPABLE the Best Non-Custodial Crypto Wallet?
UNSTOPPABLE is an open-source, decentralized crypto storage app for smartphones.
It has three key features that help it stand out from the crowd. They are:
- Ease-of-Use: Both the design and interface of UNSTOPPABLE are significantly ahead of other non-custodial apps you can use.
- Multi-Blockchain Wallet: UNSTOPPABLE is the only mobile non-custodial wallet that supports the Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Dash, EOS and Binance DEX blockchains, as well as all the tokens which exist on those blockchains.
- Fully Standard-Compliant: Normally, Bitcoin wallets are either non-standard (meaning that migrating from one wallet to another is hard), or they only support one of the three commonly accepted standards. UNSTOPPABLE supports the BIP44, BIP49, and BIP84 standards.
The latest update has also added a much-requested feature: price charts. CryptoCompare supplies the data.
UNSTOPPABLE operates almost entirely on a peer-to-peer basis. There are no central servers, and as such, the app can never be blocked or taken offline by hackers, governments, or corrupt operating systems.
The app is free to download and use, and there are no in-app purchases. It is available on both Android and iOS. You can download it using the links below.
Which Coins Does UNSTOPPABLE Support?
UNSTOPPABLE supports more than 60 of the most widely used cryptocurrencies. The list includes Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dash, Bitcoin Cash, Binance Coin, EOS, BAT, Dai, Maker, OmiseGO, Pundi X, Tether USD, and Ankr.
Why Use a Non-Custodial Crypto Wallet App?
The world of crypto wallet apps is a crowded space. You’ll have probably heard of some of the most popular options—Coinomi and Jaxx immediately spring to mind.
But those well-known apps have some notable drawbacks compared to a decentralized wallet app:
- Control: We’ve already seen many stories about governments around the world trying to ban crypto. There have been issues in China, India, and Russia. Even some Members of Congress in the United States have called for a Bitcoin ban. In theory, they could force apps like Coinomi to cease operations in their jurisdictions. In the case of a decentralized app, restrictive governments would have no such power.
- If an app is closed source, the community of users has no way to verify the security of the underlying code. There could be a glaring issue that puts your assets at risk, and you might not find out about it until it’s too late. You are placing large amounts of capital into a company’s systems with no assurances of its long-term safety.
In contrast, non-custodial crypto wallets—like UNSTOPPABLE—do not suffer from those issues. They give a user exclusive and unlimited control over their tokens. The company providing the wallet does not have any control over the assets the user holds. As such, non-custodial wallets are considered safer than both custodial and hybrid wallets.
How Secure is UNSTOPPABLE?
UNSTOPPABLE is both secure and private.
The app does not ask for any of your personal details during sign up. You don’t need to create an account, you don’t need to supply your name, email address, or phone number, there are no identify checks or KYC processes, and no third-party servers store your transaction data.
The private keys for your tokens are stored on your device, and they never leave. That means that only you have control over your assets; nobody else can instigate a transaction on your wallet.
Note: You should not use UNSTOPPABLE (or any other mobile crypto wallet app) on a rooted Android device or a jailbroken iOS device. The safety of your private keys would no longer be guaranteed.
How to Use UNSTOPPABLE
UNSTOPPABLE’s latest updates have helped to make it one of the only crypto wallets that’s designed for non-blockchain users.
Let’s take a closer look.
When you fire up the app for the first time, you will see the option of either creating a new wallet or restoring an old one.
Once the initial setup is complete, you will be looking at the Balance tab. Any coins you own will be listed, along with the current USD exchange rate, the number of tokens, and the daily price change. At the very top of the screen, you will see the value of your entire wallet in dollars.
Tap on the price change to access the full price charts.
The middle tab provides access to a list of all your transactions. You can use the buttons at the top of the screen to filter by specific coins.
The list provides incomings and outgoings as well as information about the sender or receiver’s address.
The final tab is where you will find UNSTOPPABLE’s settings:
- Security Center: You can change your PIN code, make a copy of your wallet using your private key, unlink your wallet from your device, and more.
- Manage Coins: Add/remove new coins to the app interface.
Base Currency: Set the currency for the in-app exchange rates. Four base currencies are available: USD, EUR, GBP, and JPY.
- Theme: Flick between light and dark mode.
- Language: Choose to use UNSTOPPABLE in nine different languages, including German, Spanish, French, and Chinese.
Who Is Behind UNSTOPPABLE?
UNSTOPPABLE is the brainchild of Horizontal Systems. If you’d like to learn more about the company and other products they have, you can check out their website at horizontalsystems.io.
Download UNSTOPPABLE Today
If you’re looking for a new way to store your crypto, we definitely recommend giving UNSTOPPABLE a try. You wouldn’t look back.
To download UNSTOPPABLE for your Android or iOS device, click the links below.
Disclosure: Horizontal Systems is a company founded by Aibek Esengulov. Aibek is also a founder of MakeUseOf.com, parent site of Blocks Decoded.
We earn commission if you purchase items using an affiliate link. We only recommend products we trust. See our affiliate disclosure.